Saturday, March 6, 2010

How do you respond when God shows up? (re-post)

Do we recognize God when he shows up…

and do we take the time to savor the experience?

In an effort to be better about that, I have put a cork board in my office. I call it my “Glory Board” . It is strategically hung where I look at it every day as as I sit at my desk.

The things that go up on that board are reserved for reminders of when God – in one way or the other – has revealed himself to be real…active…and engaged in my life.

Sometimes it borders on the miraculous…but usually, it is the little things. God seems to love showing up in the common everyday things of my life. The more I take note of Him doing that…the more I learn to recognize his voice…his intimate involvement in my life… and His glory!

I don’t know about you, but I am prone to get caught up in the busyness of life and forget to pay attention to the presence of God.

And so it is with the process of seeking The Lord for our purpose in life.

Many of the people we work with us at Identity and Destiny don’t slow down long enough to hear the voice of God. They are not sure when…or if…He really speaks. They’re not sure He’s really there in the little things. They don’t know how to recognize his presence.

I would suggest that you can learn to hear and experience God. You can begin by training yourself to slow down…listen…and begin looking for Him – everyday…everywhere. I assure you He is there…the question is, are we paying attention???

Perhaps you should consider creating your own Glory Board?

No comments:

Post a Comment