Sunday, September 19, 2010

Good News from John

I want to take this opportunity to thank each of you who have sent a letter to Governor Crist in support of my appointment to the circuit court bench here in the Fifth Circuit, Hernando County. This morning I received a call from Mr. Eric Figlio, the Governor's counsel, advising I was one of three candidates up for final consideration. I will be meeting with the Governor, in the Capitol, next Thursday at noon. It is at that time Governor Crist will make his final selection as to who will fill the vacancy left by retiring judge Jack Springstead.



If you have not yet had the opportunity to send a letter to the Governor, now is the time.


Here's the short story:
On August 12, 2010, I was selected by the Judicial Nominating Commission as one of the finalists to be appointed by Governor Charlie Crist to fill a vacancy on the Fifth Judicial Circuit Court Bench. Eighteen attorneys applied for this position. After the application and interview process the Commission, as requested, recommended six applicants to the Governor.

On September 15th, each of us was interviewed, at the Capitol, by the Governor's counsel. The field was further narrowed to three this morning.

On September 23rd, next Thursday, I, along with the other two up for consideration, will be meeting with the Governor. He will then decide whom to appoint as the next circuit judge in Hernando County.

Though life has thrown our family some real challenges this year, I know God has a plan for us and we are here for a reason. I cannot think of a better way to invest the balance of my career. It is an honor and a blessing to be one of the final three being considered for this position.


The Governor's office has asked for letters of recommendation. I would sincerely appreciate your support in the form of a letter, email or fax to Governor Crist. The contact information is:


The Honorable Charlie Crist
Office of the Governor, State of Florida
The Capitol, PL05400 South Monroe St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0001
Fax (850) 487-0801
email: Charlie.Crist@myFlorida.com


I believe I am uniquely qualified for this position in that I have been an actively practicing trial lawyer for 22 years working in both public and private practice in civil and criminal court. I have been an adjunct professor of law at NSU, Shepard Broad Law Center for the past ten years. Understanding the complexities that surround the practice of law, not just in theory but also in practice, I offer a breadth of experience that will allow me to serve with efficiency, wisdom and understanding. A brief curriculum vitae follows below.


A brief letter would be appreciated, letting Governor Crist know who you are, a note about how you know me and what qualifications, strengths and insights you believe I possess that would make me the best choice to fill this vacancy. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding my qualifications or background.



As the meeting is next week, please send this letter as soon as possible.


Be a blessing,

John E. Napolitano

No comments:

Post a Comment