Friday, October 30, 2009

Living a Life of Purpose on Purpose

Hello men, here is the outline from Thursday's lesson at the REAL Men Bible study. Enjoy and go live a purposeful life.

God bless, Billy

R.E.A.L. Men Bible Study

Living a Life of Purpose on Purpose

10/29/09

I. Living without Eternal Purpose

Ø Move from incident to incident and accident to accident

Ø Chase and sometimes catch only the wrong prizes

Ø End up bitter, angry, frustrated, depressed, unfulfilled, lonely

Ø Lose many of God’s richest blessing now and forever

1 Corinthians 3: 14 If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. 15 If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.

16 Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? 17 If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

II. The Life Spent on Eternal Purposes

Philippians 2: 12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

14 Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe 16 as you hold out the word of life--in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.

2 Thessalonians 1: 11 With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. 12 We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

III. Effort is Required

1 Corinthians 9: 24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27 No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize

No comments:

Post a Comment