Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Prayer For Manasota

Hello men, I am posting the discussion outline from Thursday's REAL Men Lunch for you to read and consider. The prayer is a combination of 2 prayers from the apostle Paul. The power of this prayer is undiminished after almost 2000 years. As you will note, there are questions after various phrases in the prayer to evoke thought and reflection. Think of this as Paul's prayer given just for you and let its innate power be transforming for you.

God bless, Billy

REAL Men Bible Study

A Prayer For Manasota

12/10/09

Ephesians 3: 14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name.

16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.

Ø What does it mean for Christ to dwell in my heart?

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,

Ø How am I rooted and established in love?

18 may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,

Ø What difference does this understanding make?

19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Ø How in the world can I be filled up this way?

20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,

Ø What power?

21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Ø What about me and my glory?

Philippians 1: 9 And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight,

Ø How can love lead to knowledge and depth of insight?

10 so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ,

Ø I am just a man; how can any human be like this?

11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ--to the glory and praise of God.

Ø What is this fruit?? Why do I even want it?

No comments:

Post a Comment