Saturday, December 4, 2010

5th Tuesday Sarasota

Greetings WILDMEN, Friends and Brothers,

I have never considered these two Biblical passages together, but now that I have, I can make a few observations. At the Men At The Cross event, we studied Galatians 2:20. Those who were there received a nail with the inscription "Gal. 2:20" on the back. The nail links us to the Cross, just as our WILDMAN link, links us to each other as Brothers in Christ. We are not brothers of some club to which we as individuals belong and can come and go at will. We are Brothers in Christ because, as Paul said, "It is NOT I who live...". Therefore it is not I who belong to WILDMEN. It is not I who am forever linked to you my Brothers; it is the Christ who lives IN me who is linked to you. Praise God that you don't have to count on ME to be your spiritual link to Christ! You can trust that if there is any good thing in me that you might find useful in your life; it is Christ who is in me who provides that good thing.
Now look at the passage from Colossians. 3.3 first. "For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God." "...MY life is hidden...", my humanity is hidden...does that not confirm Galatians... "It is not I who live...".... I could go on and on. God re-confirms, time after time everything that He has told us. Read these two passages and see how many similarities you see...well, not you, but Christ who lives in you! I hope this is making sense to you because it is just sorta rattling out of my head.
"My life is hidden with Christ..." reminds me of a Southern Gospel song titled "Hide Me Behind the Cross". The message of that song is that "I" should gain no glory by any of my actions because when people look at me, they should see nothing but Christ...The Cross. We as Christians must be always aware that the credit belongs to Christ and that we are saved by GRACE alone, not by our own works..., "...so that none may boast...". Because after all, It is not "I" who live......
(Colossians 3:1-3) (ESV) 1 If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. 3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
(Gal. 2:20) I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
The 5th Tuesday at WILDMEN Sarasota was awesome! The testimonies of the Brothers who spoke were a direct reflection of the truth of the above scriptures. Those Brothers pulled no punches and took no credit for any good things they have accomplished. We could all see Christ through these men. If you missed it, sorry...I can't give details here. What happens at WILDMEN, stays at WILDMEN! But you REALLY should have been there! Christ was there and working on a lot of guys.
I need you Brothers. I need the Christ in each of you. It takes all of the Christ I can get to keep me walking the straight and narrow! I will plan on seeing each of you this coming Tuesday at 7:00PM at the Forum at Woodland Church. Come hungry, come as you are and come with a friend whenever possible.
I love you!
Craig Smoot
941-518-8300

No comments:

Post a Comment