Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thoughts for the day

This is day 2 and what happened today was that I woke up at 5 am with some concerns on my heart about work. I turned on Joel Osteen and he preached a sermon on Speaking healing words and that was not what I wanted to hear. I had an issue with an employee and I knew that I needed to address it and it could get ugly. Bothered by this conflict, should I speak the truth and possibly tear them down or do I speak living words and build them up.

It is one thing to compliment someone and build them up but that is not what was needed because the bible says that we are to repremend with love and compassion so I was torn.

I then called a brother and asked for his advice. I have had problems with doing that in the past because of pride and not want to ask for help. Somewhere I read that leaders will be challanged and I have been lately but it then went on to say that strong leaders know when to ask for help. I have been asking for help lately and reaching out to God. I have been praying for blessings and today I was blessed by a friend that helped me make the right decision.

I then went one step further as I went into the meeting and asked for 2 brothers to pray for me, it was a simple text to them asking for prayer and I know that God heard them.

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment