Thursday, February 12, 2009

A must read the Shack

Brothers:

I am reading the book The Shack and it is Great.... If you were with us for the study last year about our fathers this book is a must read.

I have never read a book, except the bible that has touched me so much. At a time when I feel God is trying to draw us closer this book has some great incites.

The story is about a man and his daughter that killed by a serial killer and the mans struggle to understand how God could let this happen and his depression.

One of the things that Wildemen and our studies has done for me is help me better understand my relationship with God the "Father" and if you are like me looking for answers this book is great.

1 comment:

  1. My Wednesday morning group started studying the Shack three weeks ago. All we have covered so far is the introduction and the first chapter and we have had major breakthroughs already.

    I agree with Peter that I cannot remember a book like this, other than the Bible itsself, that has caused me such pause; pause to think, to examine, to wonder, to test, to reflect.

    It is masterful in how it reduces the Gospel message to its simplest element: Relationship with God; relationship born of love and grounded in forgiveness.

    This book will challenge your beliefs, but I have found it to be Scripturally sound and well worth reading.

    ReplyDelete