Sunday, April 5, 2009

Our worldly hearts.......

Our worldly hearts are so very worldly at times... I know because I get self-absorbed quite often. There is always an option, action, or reaction to manifest itself in our lives and choices we make for various reasons have consequences.
We can do what is right or we can do what we normally do. The up-side is, we can grow and change our patterns to obedience. Before I held Christ's hand, I told a counselor that, "hey, at least you Christians have maps..." I made reference to the bible and the ways of the Lord before I accepted He and His Son. At the time I didn't even know what I was talking about but, God made sure I would learn about what I had said three years earlier. The fact is we have a life-time of learning, I believe the learning will be infinite as God's knowledge is that vast.
There will be numerous times we stumble so don't lose faith. Again and again it will happen. Our hearts are not pure, they need constant care and handling...

Jonah, even after his events with the whale and being spared, later became angry with the Lord's compassion. So angry and feeling un-worthy that he wanted to die.
"But the Lord replied, Have you any right to be angry?"
"Jonah went out and sat down at a place east of the city. There he made himself a shelter, sat in the shade and waited to see what would happen to the city. Then the Lord God provided a vine and made it grow up over Jonah to give shade for his head to ease his discomfort, and Jonah was very happy about the vine. But at dawn the next day God provided a worm, which chewed the vine so that it withered. When the sun rose God provided a scorching east wind, and the sun blazed on Jonah's head so that he grew faint. He wanted to die, and said, "It would be better for me to die than live."

But God said to Jonah, "Do you have the right to be angry about the vine?" "I do, he said. " I am angry enough to die."
But the Lord said,"You have been concerned about this vine, though you did not tend to it or make it grow. It sprang up overnight and died overnight. But Nineveh has more than one hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left, and many cattle as well. Should I not be concerned about that great city?"

Here God is faced with a large city of people who don't know their left from right hands, think about that, there are some lost individuals in that hood! And a bunch of cattle with "mad-cow disease!"
Jonah is bent out of shape over a shade-leaf...

I don't know about you but, I seem to miss the "Big-picture" quite often!

What if we really did count our blessings?


Wrap yourself in His love,

Michael............

No comments:

Post a Comment