Friday, April 24, 2009

Suicide

This is not my typical post but I feel that it is important to share this with my brothers.

Yesterday I called a friend of mine who has indirectly had a major impact in my life (he sent me the book the Shack) and that is a whole nother post. What he shared with me was quite upsetting, but is something that has become a regular occurrence in society today. A friend of his, a Christian brother yesterday took his life; he leaves behind a wife and three daughters….. His business was failing and he was too proud to ask for help, and he felt that his only option was suicide.

I was raised catholic and Suicide was a direct ticket to hell so it has never been an option for me even with all my ups and downs in my business career, and I will tell you I have all the tee shirts to prove it. God has allowed me to go to the bottom pits because he gave me free will. He was always with me even thought I may not have realized it, but when I reached out to him he helped me back.

My message is that he is always with us and “the voice of truth” is always with you, and all you have to do is ask for help. Right now we are all being faced with challenges, financial being one of the biggest because that leads to marital and so on. We are called to help one another, especially at this time when we are in need of help ourselves.

My friend was saddened because he did not know that his friend was in the place he was and was too proud to ask for help, are any of us there, do we know anyone who might be there. Maybe it is time to make that call.

No comments:

Post a Comment