Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Reminder about tomorrow

Just wanted to remind and re invite you to the UN bible study tomorrow morning. I call it the UN because it is not like any bible study you have been to in the past. We simply ready the daily devotional from Oswald Chambers and talk about it and how it relates to what we are facing today.

The first week was great because it spoke about having a check in our spirit and when we do we should NOT DO IT, and not try to rationalize why it would be OK. There is no grey area.

Tomorrow the reading is:


"Judge not, that ye be not judged." Matthew 7:1

Jesus says regarding judging - Don't. The average Christian is the most penetratingly critical individual. Criticism is a part of the ordinary faculty of man; but in the spiritual domain nothing is accomplished by criticism. The effect of criticism is a dividing up of the powers of the one criticized; the Holy Ghost is the only One in the true position to criticize, He alone is able to show what is wrong without hurting and wounding. It is impossible to enter into communion with God when you are in a critical temper; it makes you hard and vindictive and cruel, and leaves you with the flattering unction that you are a superior person. Jesus says, as a disciple cultivate the uncritical temper. It is not done once and for all. Beware of anything that puts you in the superior person's place.

There is no getting away from the penetration of Jesus. If I see the mote in your eye, it means I have a beam in my own. Every wrong thing that I see in you, God locates in me. Every time I judge, I condemn myself (see Romans 2:17-20). Stop having a measuring rod for other people. There is always one fact more in every man's case about which we know nothing. The first thing God does is to give us a spiritual spring-cleaning; there is no possibility of pride left in a man after that. I have never met the man I could despair of after discerning what lies in me apart from the grace of God.



We start at 8:15 at 6371 Business Blvd suite 108 Sarasota FL, 34242



Hope to see you there,





Peter

1 comment:

  1. Hello, What will be going on next week after the link ceromony

    ReplyDelete