Wednesday, August 5, 2009

RUNNING THE RACE

Is it just me. I start my day early enough most days to have an hour of quiet time with the Lord, reading His word, praying, watching His majesty declare itself as the sun rises. Then the music gets cranked a couple of notches while I prepare my earthly body to be seen by the rest of mankind, aka; triple S's. In the car with the same praise music playing, feeling great, feeling purpose-filled, ready for any Goliath that comes my way. By the end of the day I feel as if I've been run over by a truck, beaten down by all this world can throw at me. I almost feel dirty from having interacted with all the worldliness of the day and just want to be still once more and know that He is God. Maybe that's why I love the sunsets at the end of the day so much. Not sure how your days go, but it gets hard sometimes for me to find the moments to slow down, focus on the REAL RACE and press onward toward the goal. This world coupled with my own sinfulness is so much to battle against, one might say an "Epic Battle." Thank the Lord for the armor He give daily. Thank the Lord for the Wildmen... How's your days going?

4 comments:

  1. David Hunihan and Billy Tullos eloquently talk about the difference between living in the flesh and living in the Spirit. I hope they comment on this so we can enjoy their eloquence and learn from their biblical wisdom.

    I think we need to think of carrying a jug of living water with us, like an athlete carries water when running or cycling, and take a drink throughout the day as the thirst for His love occurs.

    David Herrington

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed, they sometimes end with a set of tears. I do manage to get over myself at a point, remembering my true debt paid by the one wearing open wounds on his back, the splinter of the heavy lumber weighing on His shoulder, and sporting a trickle of blood on His brow from the crown of thorns... Yes, this world does serve up some drab meals but, to feast with Him in the end will make these moments a time to honor. "on wings like eagles!" I'll suit-up daily, bring it on, I'm numb to it anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed we must prepare for battle each day. Eph 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world? Sounds like a revolution of some sort! Thanks for posting veonmike, don't be a stranger, I know where you live.

    ReplyDelete