Friday, June 26, 2009

a encouraging word

Stepping outside of yourself.

This is a post to encourage you and let you know that if I can do it you can to... God wants us to.

Today I was hosting a panel discussion for NIADA and as I stood around with the other Panelist, 4 total I had planned to pray with them, but as it drew close to the start and people started filtering in I began to question my plan to pray with 4 people that I had just meet for the first time. Granted we were all about to be on stage together I did not know them or anything about their belief.

I stepped out in faith and asked them if I could pray for us and over our meeting, they all agreed and stepped in to form a close circle.

The event went great and later in the day one of the panelist came up to me in the hallway and thanked me for doing the prayer.

If I can do it, you can do it.....

1 comment:

  1. This has been an area that I have been working on, praying with people that I know but this was outside my comfort zone especially since I had just meet them 20 minutes earlier.

    ReplyDelete