Friday, June 26, 2009

the Owners Manual

Owners Manual

Have you ever reached in your glove box and looked at your cars owners manual? It is full of important information about you car and how to maintain it. We all know that if we don’t take care of the car, change the oil and fill the tank up with gas, eventually the wheels will fall off.

When my son was born I felt overwhelmed, how am I going to do it? He did not come with instructions or an owners manual…… or did he?

Last night as tempers raised over some inconsequential matter my son said, what would the Bible tell us to do? Could it be that simple, can the answers to the questions we wrestle with everyday be there?

Today in my quiet time, God connected the dots for me; the Bible is the owners manual, not only for being a father but also for being a good man. His words are true and everything that we need to know to live a full happy life is there for us.

My personal mission is to give this wisdom and a bible to new fathers I meet and share the good word with them. My challenge to you brothers is for you to do the same, if you are reading this blog you have a relationship with our savior Jesus and you know the power of the word of God, I am walking with you and it was not till today that I got it, how many people do we know and love that have no clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment