Tuesday, July 26, 2011

God is good

Today, I am tired and worn out, the battle is on and I am struggling. I have been sitting here at my desk trying to get up enough strength to make some calls but with no luck. I opened my email to find this:

Being An Overcomer
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 1 by Os Hillman
Tuesday, July 26 2011

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

"Why does it seem that those involved in Christian enterprise find the way so hard? It seems as though it is harder for those who are committed Christians in business. Have you found this to be true?" This was the comment from a business associate recently. My answer was a definite yes. In fact, if you were not a Christian and sought to do a similar business without regard to maintaining a biblical philosophy, the way would be much smoother sailing. It makes us think of the prophet who asked, "Why do the wicked prosper?" (see Jer. 12:1)

It is a spiritual principle of which we speak. When the Israelites crossed the Jordan before they entered the Promised Land, they fought only two battles. Then after they entered the Promised Land, they fought 39 battles. The way of the cross is not paved with lilies; it is paved with grace. When we seek to honor God in our business life, we will be met with opposition from the spiritual forces of this world. This is why each of us must commit ourselves to walking in the power of the Holy Spirit and to be as gentle as doves but as wise as serpents.

Do not be surprised when you find the way harder as a believer than when you were a non-believer. You now have more at stake among the spiritual forces that desire you to be defeated and ineffective.

Stand firm against the evil forces that desire to keep you from walking in freedom in the Promised Land. Jesus is your victory for every battle you will encounter. Call on His name.


Dear Heavenly Father, I love you and I need you, please help me be the man that you want me to be and that you would expand my teritory and keep my hand from sin. Send me your Holy Spirt to help and guide me this day. In the name of Jesus I come against you Satin.

No comments:

Post a Comment