Saturday, September 12, 2009

Follow up to my previous post

IN a previous post I talked about how God was directing me to talk to a previous partner who wronged me and I am still harboring ill will towards and even some hatred. I had forgiven him and thought that it was done but the segment we just went through about peace keepers and peace makers made me think.

Last night I wrestled with God about what to say to my ex partner because not only do I not what to do it but I have no idea what to say to him. It was interesting as I would play out the conversation in my mind and then get a response like: "that sounds a little condescending or that might make him mad and hang up". Well I still don’t know what to say but I am going to call him.

Today when I was walking the dogs with Angie I shared this with her, and when we came home I turned on my computer and while it booted up I saw a word document on my desktop that was labeled "guys" (I typically save documents that I am working on to my desktop) so I opened it thinking it was something I wrote to my team at work.

Please read it and let me know your thoughts:


I have been dealing with a Pride and Un forgiveness issue this past week and today I woke up and started reading a book by TD Jakes and it was talking about forgiveness and about how if you have un forgiveness in your heart it will hinder your relationship and walk with God. I then went to my daily bible reading and this is what it said:
27. "You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'
28. But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.
29. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well.
30. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.
31. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.
32. "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
33. But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
34. that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
35. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?
36. And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
37. Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Peter, take the leep as I know you will. God will give you the right words at the right time, only ask Him in prayer. Do you think your being called to make this call for your forgiveness, for your ex-partner's forgiveness, or for your own ability to trust the Lord? He has His purposes, and they are usualy many, the good news is you are listening and hearing and conversing with God. I will also pray that He will give you the courage to step out in His love and will give you exactly the right words to say. You are a blessing to many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you know what I would say. You and I have been talking about the same thing since the first time we sat down together at Starbuck's.

    Sometimes I wonder if God is up there asking (rhetorically) "What more do I have to do for these guys to learn the lesson?"

    I had to learn mine the hard way, I am still hoping you can learn yours from others.

    ReplyDelete