Saturday, September 12, 2009

The One Thing

Hello men, I am posting the notes from the talk I gave at Wildmen this past Tuesday. You can use this electronic copy as you see fit for your use or to send to others. May God bless and be with each of you.

Billy

Wildmen

The One Thing!

9//8/09

I. What is the One Thing?

1 Corinthians 2: 1 When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. 2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

1 Corinthians 15: 1 Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. 3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures

Galatians 6: 14 May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

II. There is only one priority!

Luke 9:25 What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?

III. What difference does this make?

1 Cor 6: 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Ø Marriage – love her like Christ – Eph 5

Ø Addictions - 1 Cor 6:12 .. but I will not be mastered by anything.

Ø Business – Col 3: 23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Ø Language – Eph 4: 29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Ø Hardship – Rom 8: 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ø Materialism - Phil 1: 21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Emotional problems – 2 Cor 12: .. "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong

1 comment:

  1. This was a great message! I was unable to attend Tuesday night and this was a great way to stay in touch with my Band of Brothers, the Sarasota Wildmen, Thanks Billy!

    ReplyDelete