Tuesday, September 8, 2009

THE ONE THING

What a great message tonight and I personally thought Billy did a remarkable job in being the messenger. Thank you Billy. I think I've finally gotten my mind around the verse "We love because He first loved us." The only way to truly love another person is to understand first; THE ONE THING. How could I pretend to love anyone on this earth not knowing the creator of love, the One who IS love. As many of you know my story, I tried for way to many years to love without knowing The One Thing. It don't work. We can fake it for a while but in the end we are so short of the mark and have missed out on the goodness and joy that we where meant to have, and have left in our wake a lot of people that we care deeply about wanting for more, hurting , and not knowing the love of God as they so deserve to know it. As I grow deeper in my own walk with God, I begin to see more clearly how I was on a Mission Impossible. I also am learning that the only way that I can show true love is to first have my relationship with God, and have it healthy. Everything good flows from that source, not from me. I think of myself these days as nothing more than a funnel, the love that I received and receive every day is all I have to give to others. I find it funny that the greatest gift I have ever been given is the one I want so desperately to share with so many. A never ending spring you might say!!! I love you Wildmen, and I'm so excited to see God working in so many men's lives. Can't wait till next week to get an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment