Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Do you understand Commitment?

Over the past few weeks I have been reflecting (struggling) with “Busyness” and “Committing to God”. Trust is not an issue because I know that my father loves me and is with me, but the verse “Commit your way to the Lord” and “Seek First the Kingdom of God” have been lost in the daily struggles.

Over the weekend I came to understand that it is not about things but it is about people and relationships and for me personally I had gotten wrapped up in wanting more and not being happy with what I had and had made money a God. I share this with you because the word says that confess your sins and be healed, God is not about one step forward and 2 steps back, we stumble and fall and he is there to forgive us and pick us back up.

Today I asked God “HOW” …. How do I commit your way to the lord? And in Psalm 37 in the study section he answered me:

To delight in someone means to experience great pleasure and joy in his or her presence. This only happens when we know that person well. Thus to delight in the lord we must know him better. Knowledge of God’s great lover for us will indeed give us delight.

To commit ourselves to the Lord means entrusting everything- our lives, our families, jobs, possessions to his control and guidance. To commit ourselves to the Lord means to trust in him believing that he can care for us better than we can ourselves.

I want to invite you join me and Commit to building a deeper relationship with our Father by learning more about how he loves us and understanding his plan for our lives. Starting tomorrow we will be refocusing our Thursday Morning Bible study to Proverbs and Psalms. Please join us at 8:15AM at 6371 Business Blvd Suite 108 Sarasota, FL 34240 if you need directions please call 941 907 4132. We are located in Lakewood Ranch just off University about 2 miles east of I75.

No comments:

Post a Comment