Thursday, July 15, 2010

From Wildmen Brother Troy Vanden Heuvel

Dear Brothers,

Hello, my name is Troy Vanden Heuvel, I have been a youth Pastor for ten years and am involved in a traveling ministry around the Bradenton area. Through a lot of prayer and counsel I have decided to participate in a missions opportunity with a well respected organization known as Youth With A Mission (YWAM).

Youth With A Mission is an international organization of Christians from many denominations dedicated to serving Jesus throughout the world. Founded in 1960, it is now one of the largest interdenominational and international Christian ministries, with more than 1,000 bases in over 150 countries, with a staff of over 16,000. YWAM is a 6 month journey which is split into two phases (see www.YWAM.org)

The first phase is called, Discipleship Training School (DTS) and will last about 3 months. This is an intensive Christian training course that will challenge me to know God in depth by establishing deeper Biblical knowledge while strengthening mydaily walk with God. This phase includes daily classes, work duties, and regular church services. It also will prepare me emotionally and personally for the outreach (the second phase). Of the many YWAM bases I have been accepted to go into a program called Beach to Bush (or B2B), I will be centered in Brisbane, Australia, but I will be traveling every week all around Australia, going from the Beach to the Bush ministering and spreading Gods word. (see www.GoYWAM.com and click on Beach to Bush DTS)

The second phase of YWAM is a twelve week field assignment known as “outreach”. I will be putting into practice what I have learned in the first phase by doing hands-on mission work which may include working in orphanages, street evangelism, counseling, children ministries, first aid/medical assistance, teaching, and ministering in the local churches. Where I am attending my outreach is not known at the moment because it is decided once I arrive at my DTS base, usually the locations take place in third world countries. The last B2B DTS went to South Africa.

Since YWAM is a nonprofit organization, I have to raise my own financial support. Together the trip will cost around $8,000. This includes airfare to my base and later to the outreach, food, lodging, and other expenses for both the school and the outreach. So, if you feel inclined and can possibly help out, I am asking for your support both financially and/or through your prayers. I really want God to be able to use me to make a difference and hopefully you can be a part of that. It is important to me, even if you are unable to help financially, to please remember my mission trip in your prayers.

Thank you so much for your time and may God bless you.



Troy Vanden Heuvel

If you can help out, please send financial help to:
Troy Vanden Heuvel, 7151 46th ave cir e, Bradenton, fl 34203 or E-mail me at: Molas17@Gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment