Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Endurance...

My brothers,
Lately I've been listening to many conversations about current events, day-to-day living, and our place in history... Are we in the "end-times?" "Why is all this happening?" People seem to want to get back to the "good-old-day's." Truth is, there is a lot going on and it's going to continue. I think for this very reason we should take advantage of the time we share among family and friends. The Lord does not want us scared, miserable, or full of worry. He is all about the opposite. I am one to talk, I get depressed and doubtful about my future, and my ability to provide for my family, but the hidden evil is in my thoughts, "my ability." The things I can do or the talents I hold don't come from me at all, they're gifts. They are entrusted to me by my Father who will use them to their full potential by the Holy Spirit, when I manage to get out of my own way. The feelings of sorrow, regret, shame, irritability and so on come from someone else. This is exactly his plan, to keep me down and in-effective. The lucidity of this attack is in plain view and I still allow it to happen. This is not what God wants for any of His children. Still under construction I imagine, I think about what John Eldridge said that, "we are vulnerable, our hearts are not yet holy." It's in these times I need to remind myself how to properly prepare...

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with our feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." Ephesians 6:10-17 niv

Yes I think we all tend to let the wicked-one trip us and knock us off coarse. We get zapped of our energy and instead of feeling optimistic about our present situation, we dangle there, right in the web of lies.
Help me brothers, not to take the bait and lose focus. I have so much to experience with my wife and beautiful children and all of you... Please, make sure my yoke is steadfast, unwavering, and abiding in faith! I want to have proper endurance.
Thankful to all of you...

God's love and mine,
Michael..............



No comments:

Post a Comment