Friday, July 3, 2009

Step your game up!

My brothers,

It is clear to me that we must be mindful of our present state of soul, mind, and body. I have been effected by the world around me to the point of falling to my knees and begging Him for his mercy. This pattern repeats itself again and again, at least to me during the coarse of my walk. The Lord knows exactly the moments I face and has every intention of mending my wounds. He nurtures us all and provides each of us the fuel to press on.
In the midst of these times, I ask that you make sure I am doing what I propose to you now, that we should as a brotherhood in Christ, "link-up" and fortify our defense as a unit.
While in the Marine Corps, I learned that your platoon is only as strong as your weakest man. You may have to share a fighting hole with one of these individuals, and it is your job to ensure that he has been trained properly or the entire unit will suffer from a penetrable spot in your perimeter. I know that this isn't the Corps, and all of us are not military minded, I get that but, I think we all know by now that we are in one "HELL," of a battle...

"We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain because you are slow to learn. In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, instruction about baptisms, the laying of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgement. And God permitting, we will do so.
It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God, and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace."
Hebrews 5:11-14, 6:1-6

This country has had some men that defied all odds, rose to the occasion, and made their mark on the soil of this great land of ours and some, at a point, with their own blood.
Blood was shed for you then and blood was shed for you by the King of Kings, do you want to finish the battle?
Happy and joyous "Fourth of July" to you all... May God bless you and your families.

Michael.........

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Michael, your words are timely and true. If I remember correctly the early church met almost daily if not daily. This was a continual safety check and growing in faith that we today do not, cannot afford ourselves. What a shame, All the more important to be in the word daily and to make what time we can to be with our fellow believers, for ourselves and for them. I'm right next to you brother, bring it!!!

    ReplyDelete