Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Your Daily Bread

In the bible we learn about God providing Manna from Heaven and that we are to feed ourselves with Gods word. In today’s trying times, when we are all challenged on every side it comforts me to know that God has provided the Wisdom (Daily Bread) to help us. He gives it to us freely and abundantly.

As part my personal journey I read a daily proverb, the one that corresponds with the day of the month. I have been doing this for almost 2 years and I am constantly amazed that every month when I read it, I am touched or more importantly a question is answered for me for that particular day. To think that something written so long ago could have such and impact today is mind boggling.

If you are challenged today at home, work or personally….. Pick up your Bible and turn to Proverbs…. You might be surprised….

This is today’s “Daily Bread” enjoy.

1. Does not wisdom call out? Does not understanding raise her voice?
2. On the heights along the way, where the paths meet, she takes her stand;
3. beside the gates leading into the city, at the entrances, she cries aloud:
4. "To you, O men, I call out; I raise my voice to all mankind.
5. You who are simple, gain prudence; you who are foolish, gain understanding.
6. Listen, for I have worthy things to say; I open my lips to speak what is right.
7. My mouth speaks what is true, for my lips detest wickedness.
8. All the words of my mouth are just; none of them is crooked or perverse.
9. To the discerning all of them are right; they are faultless to those who have knowledge.
10. Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold,
11. for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her.
12. "I, wisdom, dwell together with prudence; I possess knowledge and discretion.
13. To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.
14. Counsel and sound judgment are mine; I have understanding and power.
15. By me kings reign and rulers make laws that are just;
16. by me princes govern, and all nobles who rule on earth.
17. I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.
18. With me are riches and honor, enduring wealth and prosperity.
19. My fruit is better than fine gold; what I yield surpasses choice silver.
20. I walk in the way of righteousness, along the paths of justice,
21. bestowing wealth on those who love me and making their treasuries full.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you all know this but, Peter is on the road and used his hand-held to post this... I hope his wife is doing the driving! What an inspiring tool for us, good job...

    ReplyDelete