Wednesday, July 29, 2009

God's Way Out of the Pit

Psa 40:1 I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me and heard my cry.

Psa 40:2 He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.

Today I was impressed that the command of Jesus to deny ourselves daily, pick up our cross, and follow Him ties in with God's word in Psalms 40:2- "He brought me ... out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm."

In Genesis we are told that God created man out of the dust of the earth and breathed His Spirit into Him, giving Adam life as a living soul. In the New Teatament Jesus is described as the Chief Cornerstone Whom the builders rejected.

Psalm 40:2 describes what happens when we obey Jesus by reckoning ourselves dead in the flesh (miry clay) and ask God the Father to give us His Spirit so we are walking in the Holy Spirit, which is walking in Christ (The Solid Rock)!

Glory!

The pit of destruction is not our circumstances, it is the body of flesh that we live in. Paul talks about the Christian as having the power of sin that is in us, but that is not us. When we are born again we receive God's Holy Spirit and our spirit is brought to life and our soul is made new... our body remains as is to be redeemed at death or rapture. So, we have the specific instructions to follow, NO MATTER OUR CIRCUMSTANCES.

Fellow Followers of Christ, does this resonate with what you understand God's Word to say?
Reply to Your PostDelete PostEdit Post

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting Tom... It is so nice to get some spiritual food from other brothers. I know they're His words but, it is nice to have a collection of thoughts here!
    Bless you...

    ReplyDelete