Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Thank you to the men around the table....

My brothers,

I would like to thank you all for praying for me and with me last night. I am in the midst of a very tough journey, and I know with faith and the love of my brothers, I will emerge stronger. Long ago, I did a spiritual gift assessment, I found that one of the gifts was "encouragement." I seem to be able to encourage others far better than I can encourage myself. It's really a treat for me to focus on others because it's an escape from myself for awhile. I feel I need to pay some attention to me now though, but in a way the Lord would have it, just like we discussed, in prayer... Deep, unwavering, dedicated, prayer. You see I have no where else to turn and after fellowship with you all last night and spending that time with my Father today, I feel that is exactly where He wants me.
Thank you, the Holy Spirit is moving through you all and God is working on a recovery for me at this very moment.

"I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, "Go, throw yourself into the sea, and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." Matthew 21:21-22 niv

Joey, Bert, Jack, Kasen, Charlie, Larry, and David,
Thank you for making me a part of your lives and being a "spiritual-defense" around me!

In Him,
Michael......

2 comments:

  1. Michael,
    I can confirm your gift for encouragement. Even in your struggles (perhaps especially in your struggles) in your forthright and genuine voice you manage to encourage me. Among the men I know you stand out and I'm thankful for that.

    Best,
    Joey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, we know that we worship a loving Father. As we all go thru our different trials, I try to keep this forward in my mind when things get tough. He is love, and as much as I love my children, He loves so much more. My point is He is in control, knows what we need, and is loving enough to give it to us, or let us go thru it. He will work all things to His goodness and glory. Anytime brother, you got my number. Love never fails.

    ReplyDelete