Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A WORD From the LORD for My Struggling Brothers

There are many of you who are tired. There are many who feel like giving up. It seems that the more you try to get close to God, to live in His will, to perform good works in His name, the worse life becomes.

Some of you feel isolated. Some are confused. You are wondering if this is all there is, if this season is ever going to end; if you will be able to pay your bills, keep your home, feed your family; if you will ever work again.

This is more than a spiritual attack. The Enemy of our souls has us coming and going. He has us believing that we aren't good enough, strong enough, Christian enough to serve God; then when we fight and try, He makes us feel isolated and empty, like our walk isn't all it was cracked up to be; not at all what we expected.

Where is the joy of the Lord we heard about? Why is it so hard?

I believe I know the reason. And it is right in front of all of us.

I have felt what some of you are feeling. It threatens to consume me every day.

But the Lord is faithful and patient; you need to listen to His still, small voice.

I have said this before: TIME IS SHORT. The Lord is coming soon to claim His own, and the Enemy knows it. It is always darkest before the dawn; and the fight in any enemy is always fiercest before his defeat.

Satan cannot take our salvation, but he can still try to make us ineffective. If we are so focused on our own battles, on our own shortcomings, on our own fears and struggles, then we won't be able to focus on others; on our brothers who are struggling; on those who are still lost.

TURN YOUR FOCUS OUTWARD. Seek first His Kingdom and His Righteousness and all else will be added to you. God has our backs, and He has promised to NEVER leave us or forsake us.

WE MUST TRUST HIM.

Let HIS GLORY be our REAR GUARD and let us do the job HE has called us to do.

WE ARE HIS INTERCESSORS. THE TIME HAS COME TO TAKE THE FIGHT TO THE ENEMY. WE HAVE BUT ONE WEAPON: THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT, WHICH IS THE WORD OF GOD, administered through PRAYER.

PRAYER WARRIORS AWAKE!!! We must INTERCEDE for our brothers and sisters in Christ; for the CHURCH; for the lost.

THE BATTLE IS ALREADY WON! The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Pray that the Lord will send more workers!

Pray for your family. Pray for you co-workers. Pray for the Church. Pray for the Lost. Pick one person a week and focus concentrated prayer on them and their life, to draw them to GOD. Pray for your enemies. Pray for the Lord's return.

MEMORIZE SCRIPTURE! Remember the example of our Lord, who when tempted by Satan, used Holy Scripture to avoid the tempation and drive the Enemy away.

IF WE DON'T KNOW THE WORD BY HEART, WE MIGHT AS WELL ENTER THE BATTLE WITHOUT OUR SWORDS. The end result is the same. We cannot defend ourselves and we perish, and those we sought to champion and defend perish with us.

So, "Commit My Word to memory and I will fight for you; I am the Lord your GOD; no one can stand before Me. Behold, I am coming soon; the battle is mine, and it is already won. I have but to claim My victory. Who will serve the Lord? Who will go forth and reap My harvest? "

Thus saith the Lord.

3 comments:

  1. Nice kick in the soul we all needed... I hope more brothers tune-in. Thank you David you are a true blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration to others

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truely, Truely. I have certainly had my share of "challenges" the past six months and without my God with me and strengthening me every day I couldn't make it. Without the faith in His promises to me I would have no hope left. But with those promises and that hope comes peace beyond understanding. And it's not just for me, but for the brothers and sisters that I come in contact with, to strengthen and encourage them as well. As tough as my life can get at times, I will praise Him thru the storms and thank Him for the rain, knowing that He cares enough about me to tempur and stregthen me. His grace and His love are thankfully unlimited. Praise God, and help me get over me every day.

    ReplyDelete